Release 0.02 of “Catching Rats & Robbing Graves”, the Hack100 supplement that provides guidelines for running WFRP-style games, is now available for download.
This is a complete first draft. The document is still a little rough around the edges. It’s lacking any artwork and the layout needs tidying up. But the text is all there.
For anyone with a passing familiarity with WFRP and Hack100, it should all be fairly self-explanatory:
- WFRP’s attributes are mapped to Hack100’s existing ten Abilities.
- Careers are handled as Hack100 Specialisms.
- Hack100’s optional Luck Points are used as a substitute for Fate Points.
- There are some minor updates to the combat rules, including the introduction of blackpowder weapons, guidelines on handling fear, and an updated critical hits table.
- The optional Corruption rules from Hack100 become a core element.
- The use of Powers for handling the miracles and spells of Priests and Wizards is discussed.
As an aid to cross-referencing, CRARG follows the same chapter structure as Hack100.
An earlier blog explains the origins of this supplement.